May 30, 2020
Bonus episode: From disrupted schedules to cancelled plans, the pandemic has put us all in a difficult position, and we each have all been affected in some way. Our kids might have thoughts, fears, and feelings (just like we do.) How can parents help kids cope? Dr. Choo (Dr. Thiravat Choojitarom) joins us on ParentingU and shares practical, age-appropriate suggestions for how to address concerns children may have and how healthy routines can be built into kids’ lives, especially as Summer begins.
Dr. Choo addresses the changing nature of the pandemic, and updates parents on some of the guidelines for maintaining good hygiene; keeping up with well-checks; Summer camp; and more.
This episode was recorded on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
Mentioned on the show:
- Dr. Choo recommends some of the parenting resources on the American Academy of Pediatrics: https://healthychildren.org/
- Our Lady of the Lake offers video visits! Find telemedicine information here: https://ololrmc.com/patients-and-visitors/video-visits
- Our Lady of the Lake has information and updates about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
- Summer camp info from the American Camp Association suggests best practices and guides for parents.
- The Centers for Disease Control continues to be a good resource for parents: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
We hope you find this Bonus episode of ParentingU informative and timely. You can hear all episodes of ParentingU on our website or on your favorite podcast app including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Podcasts.