Oct 21, 2020
Bonus episode: Parents are starting to wonder—this time of year usually is when we starting thinking about flu season and flu vaccinations. What impact will COVID-19 have on flu season? We speak to pediatrician Dr. Lauren Bailey to bust some flu myths, get our COVID-19 questions answered, and find out what we can all have in our medicine cabinets at home to be prepared for flu season.
This episode was recorded on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
Questions answered on the show:
- Who should get the flu shot?
- How is the flu shot different from the flu nasal spray?
- Is flu going to be worse this year because of COVID-19?
- What should I have at home before flu season?
- My child is sick—when should I call our pediatrician?
- When should we get our flu shots?
Mentioned on the show:
- We’ve made a handy flu survival kit you can download and take shopping! All of the products recommended by Dr. Bailey are on the list. Get it here.
- Our Lady of the Lake offers video visits! Find telemedicine information here: https://ololrmc.com/patients-and-visitors/video-visits
- Our Lady of the Lake has information and updates about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19.
We hope you find this Bonus episode of ParentingU informative and timely. You can hear all episodes of ParentingU on our website or on your favorite podcast app including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Podcasts.