Mar 14, 2019
Never fear, the teen years are here! On this episode of
ParentingU, Dr. Courtney James and Dr. Ruben Battley address one of
our most popular topics: life with teenagers.
Parents have lots of questions (and sometimes concerns) about this
time period, and how to manage not only a teen's development, but
also the parent's changing role.
Dr. James and Dr. Battley provide real-world suggestions about
maintaining a harmonious relationship with teens and how your
pediatrician can help.
Some of the questions answered on this episode:
- When does puberty start for girls and when does puberty start
- How is a teen's visit to the pediatrician different than a
younger child's doctor visit?
- How can parents prepare children for the changes of puberty and
- How can parents best handle the mood changes that can sometimes
come with teen years?
- What kind of teen issues are referred to a pediatric adolescent
- How can parents improve communication with teens?
- Are there ways parents can help teens be more resilient?
Mentioned on the show:
Learn more about Our Lady of the Lake Children's Health at our
website: https://ololchildrens.org/ Find Our Lady of the Lake
Children's Health on Facebook and Instagram.