Apr 22, 2019
It’s allergy season and we know that can be a tough time for
kids. Dr. Sandhya Mani sits down with our host Stephanie to get to
the bottom of all the misconceptions around allergies,
intolerances, sensitivities and explains how allergy treatment has
changed over time. Dr. Mani informs us on some of the myths around
allergies and how she works with patients.
Some of the questions answered in this episode:
- What are allergies?
- What are the differences between allergies, sensitivities, and
- What do allergies have to do with immunology?
- Are allergies something we’re born with or do we develop
- How are allergies treated?
- What should parents pay attention to in terms of
- What changes have occurred in how allergists introduce possible
allergens to children?
- I’m allergic to egg—what does that mean for the flu shot?
- Is there such a thing as “hypoallergenic” pet?
- What should parents know about epi pens vs. antihistamines
- It seems like there are more allergies today than ever. Is that
true or just a perception?
This is the final episode of Season 1 of
ParentingU. We are looking forward to bringing you Season 2
soon! You can listen to all of Season 1 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, on our website, or any podcast app.
Learn more about Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Health
at our website: https://ololchildrens.org/ Find Our
Lady of the Lake Children’s Health on Facebook and Instagram.